Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

How do I restore internet icons on desktop?

Visiting Guest

05-13-02, 06:11 PM   #1  
Yogi
How do I restore internet icons on desktop?

Hi,

How do I restore some of those internet icons logo's on my desktop. I have a lot of shortcuts but some of them have just the Internet Explorer "e" logo. For instance I know that the shortcut for Yahoo has a red "Y" logo which is easily identifiable. However the Yahoo "Y," like other shortcuts have been replaced by that ugly IE "e" logo. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

05-13-02, 06:50 PM   #2  
bigmike
More Info

First off what are you running as far as computer? OS, Memory etc. You can repair icons thru TweakUI (download from Zdnet/Cnet etc.) or you can go to the individual icon and right click, select properties and change the icon from there. Remember the more icons you have on the desktop the more resource you are using to support them. Let us know what you are running for a computer and I think Brian has a shortcut for repairing icons, that’s something I have never had trouble with…

Visiting Guest

05-13-02, 07:02 PM   #3  
Smokey
If you have destroyed some of your icons off desktop, go to Windows Help with the query to "Restore Desktop". It will tell you that your icons are most likely in the Recycle Bin and can be restored at will.

Smokey

Search this Thread