Error message

Old 05-15-02, 05:51 PM
wingplow
Visiting Guest
Error message

My OS is windows 98. I use Internet Explorer 6.0. After about 2 minutes of surfing the web A message will popup and say

Error Starting Program
The MSVCIRT.DLL file is linked to missing export MSVCRT.DLL:??
[email protected]@Z

What does this mean and how can I take care of it.

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-02, 09:53 PM
A good start to DIY

I have found many answers to problem messages at this site.

Good luck finding the fix, what you have is common, so maybe if you can't find out what to do. Someone will have the fix for you here soon.

You know it was not the hardware I had trouble with, when I bought my first PC (Compaq) it was all the problems of incompatible programs that even a good Tech could not fix over the phone. I got so tired of hearing, put the recover disk in and wipe out everything.

Kind of hard to back up my files with a 1.44mb diskette only. I have collected a lot of sites that have to do with, troubleshooting PCs & also keep a log of every fix now. Also anytime I remove or download anything it is written down with as much info as possable.

A good example is when I upgraded the factory driver from the Creative site, and because it messed up my sound so bad, I ended up reinstalling my old drivers to cure the problem. I got that right away, because I changed something that I could undo and correct.

Odd I agree, but if I had not been keeping tabs of what I removed & what I installed, I could still be looking for the cause.

http://www.aumha.org/kberrmsg.htm

Old 05-15-02, 10:43 PM