Power Point?

Old 05-17-02, 05:37 PM
grabasphalt
Visiting Guest
Question Power Point?

Hello,

My daughter needs the program "Power Point" for a school project they are working on... I only have access to "Power Point 2002" and I am running Windows 98 SE, Will it work? I have found "Power Point Viewer 97" on the internet, Is that kind of the same thing? I am pretty illiterate when it comes to this sort of thing... Any help would be "Most" appreciated!!!

Thanks Again, Dave

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-02, 01:56 PM
Group Moderator
I don't use Power Point myself, but generally any newer generation of a program is backwards compatible with earlier versions. As a test, have her bring home a sample of anything from the program they are suing and see if it will work.

Old 05-18-02, 06:24 PM
Smokey
Visiting Guest
Power Point is a function of MS-Office and is quite an effective presentation tool. It provides slide show presentations with sound. If you want Power Point, about the only way to get it is with an MS-Office download. Current versions of MS-Office, though are for Windows XP. Maybe someone you know has an old version of Office-98 that will run on your computer.

If you just want to view the presentation, there is an effective viewer available for free at
http://www.rocketdownload.com/details/grap/5140.htm

And, don't worry about being a novice on the computer. We all started somewhere.

Smokey

Old 05-18-02, 07:17 PM
grabasphalt
Visiting Guest
Thank-You TowGuy and Smokey

Thank-You TowGuy and Smokey,

I did try to run "Power Point 2002" on my computer and it said that my computer was not configured properly to run it... I will look for someone that might have it (Office 97)... She (My Daughter) only has a week to get it done. If I have to, I will go buy it somewhere... Both of you, "Thanks Again" for your fast replies...

Dave

P.S. I quess we all did start from the get-go on computers, Thats where I am at on them, "The Get-Go", I am a true "Novice" at it... lol.. Thanks Again

Old 05-20-02, 01:29 PM
BSB
You should be able to buy a copy of office97 or 2000, but your looking at $90 to $150.

Brian

Old 05-20-02, 03:21 PM
What didn't work on your computer? PowerPoint the program should install OK but you may need to update the Microsoft installer first.

However, a PowerPoint 2002 file will not play on a 97 viewer. Micorosoft is bad about this in PowerPoin; if you want to open a new file you need the newer software. You can use save as and choose an older format but you'll loose all the good transitions and colors. To view a 2002 PowerPoint file you need to use the pack-n-go wizard on the file menu in PowerPoint 2002. Then you can save the presenation and a viewer from 2002 onto a CD or even break it up onto several floppies.