Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Sleep function on Compaq Presario 5170

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

09-18-00, 06:18 AM   #1  
My Presario 5170 has a sleep mode for power management. Instead of shutting down my computer, I can just put it to sleep. Last week when I'd hit the sleep key to wake it up, it didn't respond. A message came up stated that the sleep button wasn't responding and if I'd like to prevent my computer from ever going on stand-by again. I apparently hit yes (bad move) because now it's gone from my computer. How can I get my system stand by back? I really miss it.

Sponsored Links
's Avatar
Visiting Guest

09-19-00, 08:41 PM   #2  
MerryM100, Win95, Win98, Win98SE, Win2000, Win ME? Is sleep mode on your PC within Power Management or is it a separate function? Is Power Management gone from your Control Panel? If so you may be able to extract it from you Win????? CD and if not send it to a floppy from another PC and load it....Mike

[This message has been edited by mikejmerritt (edited September 20, 2000).]

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

09-19-00, 08:42 PM   #3  
MerryM100, Win95, Win98, Win98SE, Win2000, Win ME? Is sleep mode on your PC within Power Management or is it a separate function? Is Power Management gone from your Control Panel? If so you may be able to extract it from you Win????? CD and if not send it to a floppy from another PC and load it....Mike

Search this Thread