Sleep function on Compaq Presario 5170

Old 09-18-00, 06:18 AM
Visiting Guest
My Presario 5170 has a sleep mode for power management. Instead of shutting down my computer, I can just put it to sleep. Last week when I'd hit the sleep key to wake it up, it didn't respond. A message came up stated that the sleep button wasn't responding and if I'd like to prevent my computer from ever going on stand-by again. I apparently hit yes (bad move) because now it's gone from my computer. How can I get my system stand by back? I really miss it.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-00, 08:41 PM
Visiting Guest
MerryM100, Win95, Win98, Win98SE, Win2000, Win ME? Is sleep mode on your PC within Power Management or is it a separate function? Is Power Management gone from your Control Panel? If so you may be able to extract it from you Win????? CD and if not send it to a floppy from another PC and load it....Mike

[This message has been edited by mikejmerritt (edited September 20, 2000).]

Old 09-19-00, 08:42 PM
Visiting Guest
MerryM100, Win95, Win98, Win98SE, Win2000, Win ME? Is sleep mode on your PC within Power Management or is it a separate function? Is Power Management gone from your Control Panel? If so you may be able to extract it from you Win????? CD and if not send it to a floppy from another PC and load it....Mike