Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Real Electricity VS Generator

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

09-23-00, 02:12 PM   #1  
My hubby is semi retired, we have been living in our RV for a while and I like to sew. I want to take my sewing machine with me and it is a Pfaff 7570 which is also an embroidery machine.

Question is, can I safely run my machine on power which comes from a generator?

I purchased a Universal Power Supply and, it seems to beep all the time I have the machine turned on. Is this normal, is it supposed to beep all the time? Is it doing its job? Or, should I turn the machine off?

Also, the foot pedal of the machine gets hot. Does this mean that my motor is getting hot and could burn out?

I just want to know that I can safely run my machine on a generator. If that is not a possibility, then I will come up with some other hobby to occupy my time while out in the trailer.

Thanks so much for all the help in this forum.

Barb

Sponsored Links
's Avatar
Visiting Guest

09-23-00, 06:19 PM   #2  
Everyone, please forgive me for the double post. I did not think it went through and then I accidently sent it again. Am so sorry.

Anyway, my machine is basically a computer, that is why I thought someone on the computer forum could help me.
Barb

Search this Thread