THIS IS SO ANNOYING! - Browser Reverts to archived edition of newsgroup

Old 10-06-00, 12:02 PM
Visiting Guest
Angry

I subscribe to a newsgroup through www.deja.com when I am at work, unfortunately it's caching back to a version dated august 24, 2000. I have deleted everything in my temporary internet files - everything, including cookies.

Again, the computer is Windows 95, and attached to a network, and this just started happening.

Any clues?

-Chris

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-00, 11:28 PM
Visiting Guest
Exclamation

which browser? Netscape, Inet Explorer, etc.

Old 10-08-00, 09:52 AM
Visiting Guest
MS Internet Explorer 5.x

Old 10-08-00, 02:42 PM
Visiting Guest
After exhausting other possibilities (Network problems, Deja problems, checking the Registry for a related entry) then whack the C:\windows\Cookie\Index.dat file in Real
Mode DOS. This file holds cookie information also. To delete the file start Windows >Start >Shut down >Restart in MSDOS Mode.
C:\WINDOWS> cd cookies
C:\WINDOWS\COOKIES> md save
C:\WINDOWS\COOKIES> copy index.dat save
C:\WINDOWS\COOKIES> del index.dat
C:\WINDOWS\COOKIES> exit
Windows will rebuild the file index.dat to its default size. If everything works O.K. del
c:\windows\cookies\save\index.dat and remove the folder. If not go back to Real Mode and delet the new file and copy the old file back to its original location. Remember deleting index.dat will affect saved settings for other sites also. Another index.dat file that you can delete in the same way exists in the History folder and below it (ie: history.ie5\index.dat).