Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Win Taskbar clock running fast

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

10-06-00, 11:06 PM   #1  
Does anyone know why the clock on my taskbar runs fast. It probably adds about 20-30 mins each week or week and a half. I am using Win98se on a ComCrack Presario that is only about 6mnts old. I know that if your clock displays the wrong time or is severly slow that your clock chip (AKA the watch battery on the motherboard) is bad. I don't think that is my problem though since the comp. is so new!

Sponsored Links
's Avatar
Visiting Guest

10-07-00, 02:08 AM   #2  
I have an almost 2-yr-old Dell PII w/Win 98 and my clock LOSES 20 minutes a day. It has been like that since Feb., when I installed 2 new programs that apparently conflicted. I have to re-boot all of the time just to re-set it. What's up with that? How do I correct it? TIA

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

10-09-00, 07:12 AM   #3  
Go to <Help> <online support> in IE 5.x and search the knowlege base for this. There is a write up about time loss... Q189706 Thats all I could find on "clock" or "time".

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

10-09-00, 02:07 PM   #4  
Thanks, BigMike!
I went there and into ms/dos prompt and reset my clock in there. I'll let you know if that corrects the taskbar clock. Mike aka Old Guy

Search this Thread