Outlook Express

Old 10-14-00, 08:01 AM
Visiting Guest
Ok can anyone tell me what the file name is called for the spell checker that outlook express uses, and what dir this file resides in?

I have no spell checker aval for outlook, I click on the icon to spell check and it does nota thing.

Plumber2000

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-00, 09:30 AM
Visiting Guest
Plumber,
Hello. I had the same trouble with Outlook Express. It turns out that Outlook Express doesn't have its own spell checker. You must have one of the Microsoft spell checkers installed. In my case the computer came with Corel installed, but I had to install Microsoft Word to get the spell checker for Outlook Express. That's all the info I have on the subject. Good Luck!

Old 10-14-00, 10:29 AM
Visiting Guest
What If I do not have MS Word, I have Works and Wordpad, but none that is ask for.

Plumber2000

Old 10-14-00, 10:39 AM
Visiting Guest
If you check Outlook Express help under spell checking, it gives a list of Microsoft programs that will activate the spell check feature. I believe it lists Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. Nothing else will do, apparently. If the proper program is installed, Outlook Expresses spell check feature should automatically find it.

Old 10-14-00, 03:41 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

Another program you can use is Outlook 98. I do believe you can download it for free but it's very large for dialup. You can also buy it for cheap, allot cheaper than office etc. That's about the best I can think of.

Search this Thread