Help Media Player

Old 10-13-00, 08:13 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

Sent so many emails to MS-no help. Have downloaded Media Player(corruption frequent)-IE was corrupted - MS Techs helped?Still do not have IE.
Current problem with Media Player - spent Many-many hours setting up favorites and get error that "cannot open -Please verify path and filename are correct and try again. This error code shows on every site listed on favorites - all file and pathnames cannot be incorrect?? Looked at MS site for solution - no help at all. Can anyone provide a clue?
Recent add to W98 "sounds" startup, etc. Opened file at Media player to install imported wav files. Could this have caused problem? As you can tell I have no idea what I am doing. Thanks!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-00, 04:40 AM
Visiting Guest
Oxford 101, I have a couple of questions about your system. What version of IE do you have? Can you type a url into IE and connect to a site. I doubt it but just a thought. I trust your maintaince is current. Did M$ techs have you run IE Repair Tool? If not, run it by START,RUN,type "msinfo32" without the quotes,Tools,IE Repair Tool,check Repair. Did they have you update IE? I suppose you would be to lucky if you had a full system backup from a point in time when all was well.....Mike

Old 10-14-00, 03:53 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

Go into IE 5.x and click <Help> <online support> get into the <search knowlege base> and try to resolve problem there. Next best idea, un-install Media player and reinstall. M$ Tech? That's a laugh... I too had problems with media player and even with broad band download had to do it twice to get a good copy. But it beats sending your info to Real Player! I also had more problems with R.P. than I ever had out of M.P.

[This message has been edited by bigmike (edited October 14, 2000).]

Old 10-17-00, 07:26 AM
Visiting Guest
Smile

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bigmike:
Go into IE 5.x and click &lt;Help&gt; &lt;online support&gt; get into the &lt;search knowlege base&gt; and try to resolve problem there. Next best idea, un-install Media player and reinstall. M$ Tech? That's a laugh... I too had problems with media player and even with broad band download had to do it twice to get a good copy. But it beats sending your info to Real Player! I also had more problems with R.P. than I ever had out of M.P.

[This message has been edited by bigmike (edited October 14, 2000).]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IE Cd installed 5.01 - Have not tried IE since the first corruption came very close to crashing my system. The MS tech who "helped?" after receipt of CD - left me in never-never land - no confidence in IE at all. The only backup I have is Compaq restore-ever looked on that site for solutions? Have 400MHz/AMDK6/64MB/10.0GB-system available has never been problem.
Yes, I have installed RP many times - went back to G2 and so far-have had no problems.
Appreciate your input - will try to reinstall MP again. Do not want the newer version - can I still get the basic -currently have the 6.0 something. Thanks a lot.