Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Software question

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

11-11-00, 03:12 PM   #1  
some how I found a sosftware ikon on my desktop called "iehome page" and I don't have how it got there neither what is for in pulling properties does not give any answer and it promts me to install. My question is there any other way to find out the purposed of any sosftware? or may be there is the only way by installing hoping will not damage my computer.

Sponsored Links
's Avatar
Visiting Guest

11-12-00, 10:28 AM   #2  
Isn't Microsoft nice? They have given you the ablity to install their web page as your default page. No biggie, in properties you should see "Delete" if you don't left click and hold and drag the icon to the recycle bin. When you installed an update to IE5 you got this. You can install it as it wont hurt you. Just a convience thing.

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

11-13-00, 04:39 PM   #3  
Thank you Bigmike now my question is if I find any other unknow software, is any way I could find out what it is for and what it does?.

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

11-14-00, 06:24 PM   #4  
I wouldn't worry about it. Just be carefull of what you download. If you aren't sure of it's content don't load it. As far as what's on your drive, look in "Add/Remove programs" from the control panel. See what's there, if you don't know what it is ask and we'll try to figure it out. I would be more worried about cookies and email trojans more than anything. New Trojan out called "Navidad.exe" is working it's way thru email circles today. And away we go.

Search this Thread