Canon BJC2110 won't print....

Old 11-19-00, 12:05 AM
Visiting Guest
Angry

I've been having trouble with it from the get-go. No wonder they only have 30 day warranties...... My Canon BCJ2110 will not print. At first, it stopped printing in black. Then, it print colors, now, it prints nothing.

I do not get a low cartridge message when I check into the properties. I took out both ink cartridges, and there was ink all over my hands, so I doubt that they've run dry already. I've been through all of the troubleshooting steps, and even uninstalled, and reinstalled the printer.

Any ideas?

Old 11-19-00, 04:14 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

First off on top of the ink cartrige there is a piece of tape the covers a very small air hole. If you didn't take that tape off it will act as if there is no ink and could even overflow. Next make sure the drivers are installed right. My first thing to say is un-install the printer and then re-install it/drivers (try it again, it may not have took the first time.). The carts in these are small and run out quickly, my guess is that it has either dried up or is empty. I don't always recomend this but you may wish to look for generic ink carts for it. I do but I also found some that work very well. Unfortunaltley they are made here local and he doesn't ship them out at this time. He has enough to keep up with use here.
I have never seen a low cart of out of ink error on my BJC2000 yet, even when it was out. You just learn when they go and or keep track of how many prints you have made. But I will say this, of all the printers I deal with, Cannon is one of the best. One last thing, go to the Cannon web site and get the drivers for the printer from there. They will be the most updated available. Since you didn't give me any OS info I can't direct you to the proper area so go to Windrivers.com and search from there or the Cannon site...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: