Tired of SPAM?

Old 05-29-02, 08:07 PM
Group Moderator
Thumbs up Tired of SPAM?

Recently got tired of all the C-R-A-P that shows up in my email inbox and went looking for a good tool to fix the problem.

Found it: "Mailwasher", available as freeware. Go to www.mailwasher.net for the particulars. I've only had it in operation for about a week and I'm impessed enough to send the developer a donation.

Check it out.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-02, 08:40 PM
Great program, posted about it the other day, I use it all the time, really like the bounce message it allows you to send direct from the mail server.

Old 05-30-02, 12:53 PM
The Soulgirl
Visiting Guest
That sounds fantastic... works with your email client as opposed to standalone. I have downloaded this and will give it a fair trial. I am now more than annoyed at the pron mail I get these days when I have never visited such sites in my life...

Heads up for that link - thank you very much.

Old 05-31-02, 08:21 AM
The Soulgirl
Visiting Guest
Ewwww... it doesnt work. It appears to check for mail but never downloads any... yet when I fire up my mail client I do have mail to download??? I have mailed the developer and await his response.

Old 05-31-02, 08:27 AM
Did you not see what messages are on your server, make sure you set it all up correctly, I understand hotmail and aol won't work on it, but works great for regular isp accounts.

Old 05-31-02, 08:52 AM
Group Moderator
I use Eudora as my email program; works great with that. Check setup under <Tools>, <Accounts>, to make sure your mail server and user name are properly identified.

Old 05-31-02, 08:54 AM
The Soulgirl
Visiting Guest
I dont have hotmail or aol... I have .com's. Everything is set up correctly - so I just have to wait for the techi support I guess. I may have chucked up a bug

Old 05-31-02, 10:25 AM
Group Moderator
So far the only probelm I've encountered was the inability to add a certain emailer's address to the blacklist. The incoming message had an address of [email protected]. Couldn't get the blacklist option to accept it as a blacklisted address and the wildcard option (I was going to blacklist anything ending in @jakgym.se) wouldn't "test" properly. But I sent the company some spam of my own; went to their website that was being advertised (allegedly seeking job applicants for some mega-money positions - right!). Filled out their application (mickey mouse who lives in orlando, fl) and hit the <send> and <back> keys about 100 times.

Old 05-31-02, 10:41 AM
The Soulgirl
Visiting Guest
thats the way to do it!

Old 05-31-02, 10:46 AM
Group Moderator
Hey, fair's fair, right?

BTW, the Mailwasher site says support coming in 2 months for AOL and Hotmail users.