Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

home desktop support

Visiting Guest

06-04-02, 10:21 AM   #1  
arthropod98
home desktop support

i'm going to recommend a gateway, dell, or compaq for my girlfriend's parents, but i'm curious who has the best support??

i've got a dell, and i'm really pleased with their support, but i know nothing about gateway's or compaq's.

oh, and i saw that compaq has merged / been bought buy / whatever HP . . . what does everyone think of those machines for home use?? how about their support??

thanks again for the advice and info!!!

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

06-04-02, 01:35 PM   #2  
nibbles&bits
… just some friendly advice

Recommend what YOU are familiar and happy with, if there’s a chance that they come to you for support.

IL

06-05-02, 02:27 PM   #3  
You're getting into human engineering here. As a married man I can tell you that you are in deep water here. If you give them bad advise and this these people become your in-laws you will never live it down until everyone else is dead and buried.
Any computer, even from the best manufacturer, can be a lemon and on any given day you can get a good tech or a bad tech on the support line.

Having said this if there is a Gateway store nearby go with Gateway. Non-computer people like being able to take their box to a real person and say "It doesn't work, fix it!"

06-05-02, 02:37 PM   #4  
I thuroughly agree. Dell, and if a local store is an option, then gateway.

Visiting Guest

06-06-02, 05:13 AM   #5  
arthropod98
thanks everyone. i'm thinking gateway's in the lead, and dell with a close 2nd. i'll just shoot for the best deal between those 2 and go from there.

Search this Thread