Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

moniter grey lines

Visiting Guest

06-10-02, 11:05 AM   #1  
SLINGER
moniter grey lines

hi my moniter now has grey shadowed lines running horizontal I don't know how this happend or how to get rid of them i tried everthing i think i know its not a program problem its the moniter itself i guess. does anyone know how to solve this or why it happened?

Sponsored Links

06-10-02, 02:49 PM   #2  
If the monitor is too old then I would replace it. It could also be a video card issue. Try the same monitor on a different computer (or video card). If it's solved, then the video card is the problem. If not, the monitor is the problem.

Visiting Guest

06-10-02, 05:41 PM   #3  
caffeinrusher
I've had the same problem. Twice! It was my video card. It was a high performance card that was believed to be overheating. After 2 replacements, we got a different card. Haven't had the problem again.

Visiting Guest

06-11-02, 11:35 AM   #4  
bigmike
Cool it man...

If you’re running a big video card like I am, a Radeon 7000 64 Meg AGP then I would cool it. No big deal, Radio Shack, a 2” or 3” wafer fan and a 12 volt wall wart. www.thermaltake.com also offers many solutions to cooling video, memory etc. There are others rather than Thermaltake but that’s just who I use.

Search this Thread