Download music from Dish Network

Old 06-10-02, 02:08 PM
lime
Visiting Guest
Download music from Dish Network

Can I copy music into my computer from the digital signal on my dish so I can burn discs to play in my car? How?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-02, 02:48 PM
I'm not if it's "legal" to do so, but yes, it's fairly simple. Just use the RCA outputs from your receiver, use a converter cable and plug them into the line in connector in your computer, then use a recording program (like total recorder) to record the sound (wav format, needs like of space on the hard drive). You can then edit the file if you want to, and use Adaptec or Nero to convert it into a MP3 file, and burn it. Or you can simply burn it as a Wav file, and play it in any CD Player. One thing you have to remember is that it records in real time (a 30 minute song actually takes 30 minutes... .

Old 06-11-02, 11:30 AM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Adapter...

The adapter Trinitro speaks of is an RCA to 1/8" stereo phono. You will most likely need a patch cord from your Dish to the puter so get a six foot, 10 foot whatever you need that has male RCA's on each end. The adapter to the computer will be about 2' long and you should be able to get it with female RCA's. If not you will need barrel connectors to go between the patch and the adapter.

Old 06-11-02, 12:26 PM
lime
Visiting Guest
Thanks, to both of you.