Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

delete all personal files

Visiting Guest

06-13-02, 10:55 AM   #1  
BETTY CHAPMAN
delete all personal files

I have bought a new computer and given my old one to my daughter. My problem is how to remove all my personel stuff. Also I want to delete msn and outlook express so she can set up her own account. The problem being she says msn isn't listed in the remove list program panel. What do I do. Thanks for all your help.

Sponsored Links

WI

06-13-02, 04:16 PM   #2  
Theres really no need to delete those programs, just delete all files from with in the programs. then remove the account from outlook.. Msn is a service, not a program. Unless you are using msn as the isp, then you only need to remove the account from dialup networking or if using win2000, from network settings.

Brian

Visiting Guest

06-13-02, 04:28 PM   #3  
BETTY CHAPMAN
Thanks Brian. Will it be ok to remove all files with my name on them? I went to find entered my name and there are 340 files with my name.

WI

06-13-02, 06:11 PM   #4  
should be. You can highlight all (click on top file in list, scroll down to bottom, hold shift key, click on last file in list) then can hit delete or shift delete to bypass the recycle bin. any that are .dll, or .exe or thought to be important by the os will prompt you to verify if you wish to delete or not.

Brian

Search this Thread