computer to receiver


Old 06-14-02, 11:59 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
computer to receiver

I want to hook my receiver up to my computer.
Soundblaster Live Value. Sony 185 Receiver.
How would I hook up the wiring. Iam going from mini dins to rca jacks?
I want to use windows media player as a juke box.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-02, 07:59 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Cool Adapter

Out of the stereo with RCA to and adapter from like Radio Sham that has RCA's on one end and an 1/8" stereo jack on the other. Plug into the Line In of the card and rip it man... You will need a ripper by the way. If you try to save raw audio it will run about 2 megs per minute. So a three minute song could be upwards of 100 megs of storage. Rip it as and MP3 and that same song will be about 3 megs. "Y" Adapter - $3.99 - Cat.#: 274-369
Old 06-17-02, 10:42 AM
Gary Tait
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
You would have to get a pinout of the din connector,
and make a cable yourself.

If you are recording:
CD quality audio takes about 800 MB for regular CD
quality audio (1 Mem/Min). If you want quality, record to wave
first, then encode to WMA, MP3, or OGG, or burn to
Old 06-17-02, 10:58 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Cool Dins

Wait a minute, when you say "Mini Dins" are you talking about SVGA? Small barrel with about 6 pins, key'd and the pins inside the barrel are in the shape of a half moon? Or RCA jacks? Small round silver plugs with a single hole in the center?

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes