Codes

Old 06-18-02, 11:12 PM
bushie
Visiting Guest
Codes

Please can someone tell me what the code "VB" means.
I am a very raw novice,new at this computing business,also just noticed "PHP".
I have so many questions,however,will find my way around this intimidating piece of equipment first.
Many Thanks,
bushie

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-02, 09:13 AM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool And the survey says...

Good-day mate, “VB” means: I cheated and used DIY’s explanation It’s just a form of HTML that’s supposedly a little [size=5] easier [/size] to use. I threw a little bit in to show you how it works.

What is vB Code?
vB code is a set of tags based on the HTML language that you may already be familiar with. They allow you to add formatting to your messages in the same way as HTML does, but have a simpler syntax and will never break the layout of the pages you are viewing. The ability to use vB Code is set on a forum-by-forum basis by the administrator, so you should check the forum rules when you post a new message.

By using <> (w/out the <>) and then typing <> (w/out <>) any text between the two statements will be red. Same goes for [size=4] size [/size] and there must be a space before and after the text you are editing.

Same with images, see if I get it right. http://pages.sbcglobal.net/mcm71359/psn00010.jpg My flea catcher...

Last edited by bigmike; 06-22-02 at 05:33 AM.
Old 06-21-02, 10:15 PM
Hard Charger
Visiting Guest
???

VB=Visual Basic???

Microsoft Visual Basic® .NET is the newest, most productive version of the Visual Basic tool set that enables developers to address today's pressing application development issues effectively and efficiently. Visual Basic .NET enables you to create rich applications for Microsoft Windows® in less time, incorporate data access from a wider range of database scenarios, create components with minimal code, and build Web-based applications using the skills you already have.

Old 06-25-02, 11:29 PM
if you scroll down toward the bottom of this page you will see a box that has the forum rules. you will see where it says "vB code is on/off" click on the words vB code and it will take you to a page that helps explain it, too. These guys did a wonderful job explaining it, though.

i printed it out off the page after i linked to keep in front of me while i was within the forums. some forum areas use either html code, or vB code. Most use the vB coding. Just look at the box (it ends up right below the 'submit reply' button when you're creating your post, and close to the bottom of the page when you're reading posts) and it will tell you what type code to use within that particular forum.

i'm lazy now and use the 'cheat' buttons at the top of the 'post reply page' and the smilies at the side while creating a post, if i use them at all.

-Kay

Old 06-26-02, 06:08 PM
VB also = Victoria Bitter , the BEST Beer in the world.......Australian, of course!!

Old 06-26-02, 07:53 PM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Beer? Now your talkin...

[size=2] "Budweiser, Breakfast of Champions" Making Americans pray at the porcelain alter since 1852... [/size]