mp3

Old 06-28-02, 02:42 AM
mp3

I have been trying to upload a song to my website so that a friend can hear it. Why can I not accomplish this? I've listened to songs on others homesites so I must be doing something wrong. I can't even get it to upload. I have no problem uploading other type files, just his type. I've even tried to upload it as a wav file thinking maybe its the coding or something. I checked my available space, and there is plenty on my site so that's not the problem. I know that a song takes a lot a space.

What am I missing on this one?

-Kay

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-02, 06:21 AM
I got them uploaded onto another website, the freebie kind. I still don't understand it tho. Now another question: why can I upload an mp3 and not a wav?

-Kay

Old 07-01-02, 10:57 AM
Some ISPs restrict what type of files you can upload. I.e. the first ISP may not want the legal liability of MP3 and the 2nd may not want to cluter up the server with uncompressed files.

Old 07-01-02, 12:23 PM
That makes sense to me. I had wondered about the isp not wanting them uploaded or the responsibility, and had seen them on the freebie pages. I just wanted a friend of mine to hear a couple of songs that I had told her about.

I had forgotten that I had some free space at Angelfire so I uploaded them there.

Thanks,

-Kay