Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

WIN XP, Yet ??

06-30-02, 03:40 PM   #1  
WIN XP, Yet ??

O.K. folks....what is the current consensus regarding XP? I have been running 98 for a couple of years.

Are most of the problems in XP solved yet? Knowing my dear friends at Microsoft, support for 98 will be dwindling quickly now.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

IL

07-01-02, 11:03 AM   #2  
At this point in time Microsoft put all its eggs into the XP basket. It is running fine but, typical of MS upgrades, there is a lot more bloatware in XP. My suggestion is if you don't have 256 mb of RAM and at least 700MHz processor power you should wait and get XP on the next computer.

07-01-02, 11:10 AM   #3  
XP runs very good on my 1G Athlon with 512Mb RAM, and it runs pretty decent on my 533Mhz Celeron with 128 Mb RAM. I had 98 and ME loaded on the Celeron machine before, and XP is not running much slower then before. You do however get much greater stability, and much faster start-up then with either 98 or ME. I say go right ahead and install it. I would do a clean install however, not an upgrade (just buy the upgrade version, and it will ask you for the Win98 CD when installing).

Search this Thread