Low Cost Internet

Old 06-30-02, 07:16 PM
Huxley
Visiting Guest
Low Cost Internet 6 Dollars a month!

I have been useing a great ISP I want to tell you guys about is cost about 6 dollars a month and the connect speed is 45k. the name of is big zoo internet go to google and type it in and it will take you there. Tell me what you think! And if anyone knows of a cheaper one tell me. Thanks

Last edited by Huxley; 06-30-02 at 08:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-02, 09:36 AM
That is a good price. I had Juno before. They have different levels and pricing for their different services. If you don't mind the ads, then its a good deal. That was $9.95 per month.

I heard about a service called netzero. I think its a little more than what you're paying. Unfortunately I am a speed junkie and have service through my cable company. It's not cheap, but satisfied my need for speed (or is an enabler for my lack of patience ). It runs me $45 per month.

If I hear of any more good ones that are inexpensive, I will post.

Thanks for sharing your find with us!

-Kay

Old 07-01-02, 02:25 PM
$45/mo for cable? **drooling**

Here there is a monopoly on cable internet access...... $60 per month.

It seems that only one company found it worth their time and money to run the lines to our small town.

I email the other services regularly to complain about the monopoly and price.

It's almost even worth 60 bucks! I miss it.

Old 07-01-02, 05:18 PM
Its $60 here too, if you don't subscribe to cable tv, too. I don't care whether or not we have the cable, but since the kids are getting older I thought we'd go for it. My total bill from the cable company is $90 for both.

I guess I'm addicted to cable internet now. Our dishwasher quit and instead of buying a new (would cut into my cable budget) I opted to handwash my dishes

Kay

Old 07-03-02, 07:34 AM
EKunz
Visiting Guest
Exclamation

$60 a month!!
Dang, and I thought $39.95 a month was expensive.

Old 07-03-02, 10:16 AM
Who charged $40 per month? That's a little cheaper than what I've got going on. The cost of cable goes up because of the taxes that add onto your final bill. So instead of actually just paying $45 month for my internet and $28 for cable my bills equals around $90. All the FCC charges, state tax, this that and the other.....

Worth it to me. My two luxuries in life are my cable internet service and the ability to say " Im not cooking tonight, lets eat out" so we eat out.

-Kay

Old 07-03-02, 10:53 AM
EKunz
Visiting Guest
Smile

I guess we're lucky here in my little town, Butler, PA. The local cable provider is Armstrong, they are not a part of AT&T or other big conglomerate. Even with the taxes and other fees, my cable internet is relatively inexpensive compared to the national average: $33.94 for cable T.V., $39.95 for cable internet, and $1.40 in FCC and franchise fees.
I've got decent speed, too. Average of 500kbs down and 250kbs up.
Our only other broadband option here is DSL from Sprint. it costs $10 more a month and is a little bit slower than cable.

Old 07-03-02, 11:15 AM
I had dsl before I got my cable modem, and it was the same price ($45 plus all the misc charges). My first dial up, and dsl services were both through the phone company. The lines out there were horrid. Not uncommon for the phone & dsl to go down simply because a telephone wire underground had rotten or been cut. On occassion the dsl card in the main box for the area would burn up. Go figure. BellSouth has been around forever so you would think they would get it figured out. Now I'm in Mississippi instead of tennesse and still have the same phone provider. Believe it or not, the lines are worse out here. That's why I opted for cable this time. dsl isn't offered here so dial up was totally out of the question.

When I lived in Ripley Mississippi, we had a small cable provider there. The rates were very reasonable and even though we had to pay to have the lines run from the road to the house, it was still a lot better than the big guys here.

-Kay