Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Need help locating

Visiting Guest

07-06-02, 10:12 PM   #1  
smj5169
Need help locating

Yes I just bought another computer and I have some picture's on my old one that I would like to find and download to disk but I can't locate them. I have tried using the find files and folder's and put in jpg and still cant' find them. What else are picture's called beside's jpg. or what else could I do to find them. It is not real important to get just some vacation photo's but I would like to keep if I could locate before selling computer. If anyone could help I would sure apperciate it.

Sponsored Links

07-07-02, 12:00 AM   #2  
pic files can be under .jpg .gif .bmp .jpeg .jpe .tif and I think there are others but can't remember them. Usually the first three, plus the tif ext are common, however, depending upon the software that you used to save or create them may have another type extension. I've personally never seen a .jpeg or .jpe, but those also acceptable jpg extensions.

-kay

Visiting Guest

07-07-02, 06:14 AM   #3  
jeherrin
You might also look in the following folders (based on what windows version you have) for them:

c:\documents and settings\<username>\my documents
c:\documents and settings\<username>\my documents\my pictures
c:\winnt\profiles\<username>\documents
c:\winnt\profiles\<username>\personal
c:\winnt\profiles\<username>\application data

**insert your login name as the <username>

OH

07-09-02, 04:03 AM   #4  
another option is...

Another way to find them is to repeat whatever you did to save them in the first place. A window should open up asking you for a name, etc. At the top is the current folder. Click on the up arrow by that name and it takes you up a level. Make note of these names. Keep clicking the up arrow until you get to "local disk c:"

Search this Thread