Send to: Will not Send

Old 07-14-02, 02:52 PM
j78629
Visiting Guest
Send to: Will not Send

Hi everyone, I have Windows Me, Gateway 950 mzh. Lately when I try to send a shortcut icon to the desktop of a webpage using Send To: It only puts it under C: Desktop, and not on my screen desktop. Can anyone please tell me why this is happening? Thanks, Jay

Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-02, 06:53 PM
If you're using IE you can just click and hold on the little "e" in the address box and drag it to the desk top. As for send to, you will need to look at what is in your "Send To" menu in the C:\WINDOWS\SendTo folder. Check the properties of the links to make sure they are correct.

Old 07-15-02, 05:35 AM
j78629
Visiting Guest
I am using IE

I went to Windows, Send To: folder and did a property check on desktop shortcut. The opens with, says, Unknown application. It wants me to pick a program to open with. What do I use to open it with?
Also can you add different programs to the Send To folder? Thanks, Jay

Old 07-15-02, 09:20 AM
Open with? Nothing. The ClassID for the Desktop shortcut is in the registry: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.DeskLink. The link file must be a zerobyte file [devoid of information], and the filename extension must be .DeskLink Not working: examine the filename and byte size with DOS, possibly run scandisk, and consult the registry key. Add to the Send To folder? Yes.