Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Send to: Will not Send

Visiting Guest

07-14-02, 02:52 PM   #1  
j78629
Send to: Will not Send

Hi everyone, I have Windows Me, Gateway 950 mzh. Lately when I try to send a shortcut icon to the desktop of a webpage using Send To: It only puts it under C: Desktop, and not on my screen desktop. Can anyone please tell me why this is happening? Thanks, Jay

Sponsored Links

IL

07-14-02, 06:53 PM   #2  
If you're using IE you can just click and hold on the little "e" in the address box and drag it to the desk top. As for send to, you will need to look at what is in your "Send To" menu in the C:\WINDOWS\SendTo folder. Check the properties of the links to make sure they are correct.

Visiting Guest

07-15-02, 05:35 AM   #3  
j78629
I am using IE

I went to Windows, Send To: folder and did a property check on desktop shortcut. The opens with, says, Unknown application. It wants me to pick a program to open with. What do I use to open it with?
Also can you add different programs to the Send To folder? Thanks, Jay

07-15-02, 09:20 AM   #4  
Open with? Nothing. The ClassID for the Desktop shortcut is in the registry: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.DeskLink. The link file must be a zerobyte file [devoid of information], and the filename extension must be .DeskLink Not working: examine the filename and byte size with DOS, possibly run scandisk, and consult the registry key. Add to the Send To folder? Yes.

Search this Thread