new deck around pool

Old 07-25-02, 05:07 PM
jbaker321
Visiting Guest
Question new deck around pool

hi. i need help finding designs or pics of decks so i can get an idea of decks to build around my above-ground pool. do you know of any websites with deck plans or pictures? or of any specific books? i only want to build a small, simple deck. but i can't find any ideas. thanks.

Old 07-25-02, 06:53 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Old 07-25-02, 08:05 PM
MeffaDawg
Visiting Guest
I just finished building my own above ground pool with a surrounding deck, the entire thing made out of wood. I wish I could figure out how to post a picture here, but it never works for me.

Anyway, if you want to email me at meffaman@yahoo.com, I'll reply with a couple of pictures.

I used Trex decking because I didn't want to deal with any maintenance around the pool. The railings are pressure treated though, but they don't take the wear and tear that the decking does. I was especially concerned with wood preservatives and stains making their way into the pool water. So far so good, with nothing but smiles all around!

Old 07-25-02, 11:09 PM
jbaker321
Visiting Guest
Smile thanks!

Thanks Doug and MeffaDawg! I'll check out Trex decking. And i've bookmarked those sights. We'll see if i can do this on a limited budget....LOL

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: