Backyard Structure

Old 01-13-03, 11:44 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Backyard Structure

Can anyone tell me what is the name is for an outdoor structure...usually over a deck, that consists of 2x8 cedar joists supported by posts. Usually uncovered? I need to do some information digging on these but don't know the name for them.
I know it's not a gazebo, or a trellis.

Anyone have an idea? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-13-03, 11:54 AM
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Arlington, WA
Posts: 9,238
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You seem to be describing a lattice cover.
Old 01-13-03, 11:59 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a's not a lattice either. The top is just joists spaced on 20" centers, open with no covering. I guess it adds some sort of architectural interest to a yard????
Old 01-13-03, 05:43 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Pergola. Usually covered with vines.
Old 01-15-03, 08:25 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
YEah yeah yeah....that's it...pergola...never would have thought of it. thanks

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: