Screening in Deck

Old 01-16-03, 06:17 AM
Spirit2L1
Visiting Guest
Cool Screening in Deck

How easy or feasible is it to screen in a 8x20 deck? I already have a covered deck, and I live outside of Buffalo, NY so there is snow to contend with in the winter months. Anyone have a cost estimate? I was thinking screened in for the winter then hopefully cover those or replace in winter with like storm glass? Not sure how that is done. Thanks! Endrea

Old 01-16-03, 03:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Endrea,

An idea on cost is determined by what you have. I suggest getting some bids, if that is what your asking. Trying to give you an idea on cost would be unreaslistic with site unseen. It all depends on what you have and what you expect. If it is material cost, bring your dimensions to Home Depot to cost materials needed.

Good Luck!

Old 01-16-03, 05:10 PM
L
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Doug is right. It depends on what you have, what you have in mind, and what you expect.

If you are thinking of doing it yourself, then you can talk to the folks at HD or a local lumber yard. They will probably assist you in the design, based on the products they have (or can get) that would work.

If you are thinking in terms of hiring it done, then look in the Yellow pages, or search the web for contractors in your area who do patio covers, patio rooms, etc. Some will offer products that you wouldn't be able to get locally at HD or a lumber yard.

A few of sites to search, if you are thinking about hiring it done, would be Metals USA, Almet, and Texas Aluminum. I buy and install wall systems from all three. These systems are aluminum based, which means virtually no maintenance. They are only sold to authorized dealers, so they are not a DIY project.

Old 01-18-03, 05:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The boys are correct on the price. I however did a job exactly what you are talking about. screen in the summer. Now here is what I did. I went and go solid bi-fold doors, installed slip on and off pin hindges, and when winter came, they just slipped them on the pins and locked them shut. Just a thought.

Old 01-22-03, 11:25 AM
brickeyee
Visiting Guest
Lateral awnings with attachments for screens are available. Do a search on lateral awnings and see what you like.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: