Post Hole problem

Old 04-02-00, 12:32 PM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

While digging post holes with a 8hp power post hole digger I got down about 24" to 30" when I hit a large root. The power digger would not go down any further. I have to get to 42" by code. Any help on getting down to the 42" depth would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-00, 06:04 PM
Visiting Guest
David: Sorry to tell you this, but you will have to cut that root in half. It will not be easy. Maybe enlarge the hole with a shovel to give you some room to work. I would then probably take a reciprocating saw with a long blade to cut the root out. Good Luck

------------------
Jack the Contractor

Old 04-28-00, 10:41 PM
Visiting Guest
sorry, but you've got your work cut out for you, so to speak, my only comment is, the code states 42". That's the MINIMUM. Go 48", you only want to do this once. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DavidJ:
While digging post holes with a 8hp power post hole digger I got down about 24" to 30" when I hit a large root. The power digger would not go down any further. I have to get to 42" by code. Any help on getting down to the 42" depth would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>