Need the correct tool

Old 05-13-00, 09:09 AM
Visiting Guest
Wink

As always, if you have the correct tool any job is much eaiser.

I am building a pergola over my deck. The ends of each of the 2x6's have a decorative design like this:

The ends are rounded. I have been using a saws-all for these cuts and it is beating me to death. Is there a better tool to use to get this job done? I have about 12 more boards (24 ends) to do so I could go buy the tool and really save me some time.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Johnny

Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-00, 01:13 PM
Visiting Guest
A 2 or 3 horsepower router, a straight long carbide bit, plus a jig is the fast way. If necessary rent the router and buy the bit.

Old 05-15-00, 05:59 AM
Visiting Guest
Talking

The router idea is great, however I made up a template and set up my wife with a jig saw. It work great in the sense that it got my wife involved, and I didn't have to babysit her. If you use the router, watch that you don't climb cut.

Old 05-25-00, 11:09 AM
Visiting Guest
Talking

2000 - YOU ARE THE MAN!

The router worked great!!! Thank you for the idea. I ended up buying a Porter Cable 2HP router and a 2" cut bit.

THANKS A MILLION!!!

Old 05-25-00, 05:27 PM
Visiting Guest
I'm glad things worked out for you. No doubt, you'll find quite a few uses for the beast in the future. BTW, your router has enough ump for some of the shaper bits and diamond bits for stone.