stainingdeck

Old 05-07-00, 03:32 PM
Visiting Guest
Three years ago I stained my deck with a semi transparent stain. I want to do it again but change the color, can I strip the old stain off and with what. Also whats the best stain to use.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-00, 05:32 PM
Visiting Guest
Try this website http://www.wolman.com they have some of the best wood preservative products on the market. They are the originator of pressure treated lumber.

------------------
MTAC - Van Buren,MO
www.carpenter.cjb.net
Home repair & Construction

"Where the character and work are always upright"

Anything worth cutting down a tree for, is worth doing right.
www.toolreview.cjb.net

Old 05-27-00, 07:11 AM
Visiting Guest
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by don:
Three years ago I stained my deck with a semi transparent stain. I want to do it again but change the color, can I strip the old stain off and with what. Also whats the best stain to use.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The best stain stripper that I have used professionally is Stripex by Biowash. If you are lucky, it will be available near you. It is a sodium hypochlorite solution that is completely biodegradable. go to www.biowash.com for info. I think that Cabot makes one as well but have not tried theirs yet. www.cabotstain.com. Cabot might also send you a sample to try.