Patio

Old 06-10-03, 11:13 AM
vikingsfan
Visiting Guest
Question Patio

I am making a new patio in my backyard. I want to use cement, so I thought of using Sakrete instead of calling in a company and paying delivery charges. My question is, if I am using Sakrete, should I go with 4 inches of thickness or is 2 inches enough? I am needing 100 sq. ft. and that is a lot of bags even at 2 inches.

Old 06-10-03, 12:57 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Considering all the time and energy needed to mix and pour all that sakrete, setting the forms, hauling all the sakrete home from the box store, finishing the concrete properly, I would be taking bids to put this in.

I found that I could not buy the sakrete for a cubic yard foundation for the price of delivered concrete.

Have you thought about dry installed pavers?

http://doityourself.com/brick/mortarlesspaving.htm

Hope this helps.

Old 06-10-03, 05:08 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
2" is, at least in my opinion, too thin for a patio. 3" to 3-1/2" works much better. At 100 sq. ft., you are looking at about a yard of concrete. That is too much to do in one pour using Sakcrete or redimix out ot the bags -- you simply can't mix it fast enough to get it all on the ground and have it all be workable to give you a finish that you will be happy with.

Having a yard of concrete delivered by truck is going to be too expensive -- the short load fee will be a killer.

Does anybody in your area have the trailers for small batches of concrete like this?? That would be the way to go, assuming that you are close enough to their batch plant to get the mud to your site while it is still usable. Around here, there are landscape supply companies that offer these trailers, as well as companies like united Rental. You might check into that.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: