WeatherBest Composite?

Old 07-14-03, 09:56 AM
BKahuna
Visiting Guest
WeatherBest Composite?

I'm considering pulling up the sunworn planks on my deck and replacing them with composite. This, of course, invokes the tiring job of choosing the best composite.

I've reviewed many, many posts in this forum. There is clearly no easy solution. I've seen a number of posts from people who are considering WeatherBest composites. I've looked at their website and it seems to me that WeatherBest looks the most woodlike. I'm curious how they do it. Is it stamped on? How deep into the wood does the pattern go? I read one post from a guy who threw a piece of WeatherBest in the back of his pickup and when he retrieved it a few days later the "wood grain" had all scratched off.

Does anyone have any experiece with WeatherBest and if so, how durable is the apprearance?

Thanks,

BK

Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-03, 06:09 PM
paris401
Visiting Guest
bk .. we are installing a large deck with weatherbest.. so far the porch is installed,and they are working on the other decks... i have a couple of pics of the porch. if u want them drop me an email and i send em over..

going by the small area already done, it looks good...

Old 07-15-03, 12:57 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
BKahuna,

The woodrain and brushed finish on WB is applied when it is extruded. It doesn't go into the material. Your concern about how well it holds up is thae same as mine. In non or very light traffic areas, it won't be a problem. But what about at doors and stairs, and HIGH traffic areas?? I don't know.

But the post "from a guy who threw a piece of WeatherBest in the back of his pickup and when he retrieved it a few days later the "wood grain" had all scratched off." Possible, I suppose, but only because he was trying to outrun all of the flashing blue and red lights behind him!! With "normal" driving, it would have taken months for the grain to get scratched off!!

Old 07-15-03, 07:33 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
we used the wood grain side as it seemed that side showed scratches more. thet had to stagger the boards some so that the pattern didnt appear to repeat. its only been finished for 3 weeks now so as far as durability i cant say.