flagstone patio - mold/algae on surface


  #1  
Old 08-11-03, 07:57 AM
sleepyfloyd
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
flagstone patio - mold/algae on surface

Hi,

some of you may remember that I put in my Flagstone Patio earlier this summer.. I used the natural shaped flagstone (vice the rectangular cut, uniform thickness
flagstone).

Anyway... i seem to be getting a green tint or growth on some of the stones.. I'm not sure if its moss, algae or mold.. I never sealed the stones, because I read a post on this forum that it wasnt recommended for outdoor flagstone..

anyway.. does anybody have any idea what I can do to get the green out.. and keep it off.. my wife tried cleaning it with clorox.. but it came back shortly after she did that..

-sleepy floyd
 
  #2  
Old 08-11-03, 08:58 AM
C
Member
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Taylors, SC
Posts: 9,483
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bleach is the best way to kill and remove the mildew. Mixure 25% in water with some tide. Apply, scrub, and rinse.

You can prophylactically spray bleach 10% in water and leave it. It will kill the mildew that may be developing.

It comes back because the conditions are right: temperature, humidity, light, food. It may be that the presence of water is the easiest to control. Try keeping it dry.

Hope this helps.
 
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: