cost of composite railings

Old 04-06-04, 08:46 AM
boff
Visiting Guest
cost of composite railings

I am thinking about replacing a wood deck with composite decking and a composite railing system. I have been told the cost to replace the railing with a composite system (Weather Best Crystal White) is $80 a linear foot. Can someone give me an estimate of what it should cost per foot to purchase the materials and also, if I decided not to do it myself, to have it installed. I understand "it depends on the situation", but I would appreciate a ballpark estimate

Old 04-13-04, 04:01 PM
beantown
Visiting Guest
Just finished my 20x14 deck.
It's all Timbertech except for the framing was pressure treated.
4' above ground with one set of stairs 6 feet wide.

8 foot railing kit $90
8 foot baluster kit $71
48" Post cover $19
Post Cap $15
Fascia boards 1x12x12 $60
Railing and fascia boards came to just under $2000.
Decking and pressure treated framing were $1700.

Nothing to paint ever again and it looks unreal.

A bit pricey at $3700, but much better than paying someone to do it.

Old 04-13-04, 05:45 PM
L
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Boff,

Welcome to DoItYourself.com.

First you have to break the job down into 2 seperate components to get a price. The deck will be figured 'per square foot', and the railing will be figured 'per linear foot'.

A "ball park" number for the deck might be $15 to $25/sq.ft. ($15 might be high in some places, and $25 might be low in others.)

A "ball park" number for the railing might be $15 to $25 per linear foot. Again, that might be way high, or it might be way low, depending on WHOSE railing you are looking at and where.

The best way to find out is to choose a brand (or two, or three) of the composites you like the looks of best and get estimates.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: