Deck, construction plan

Old 04-07-04, 07:33 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Deck, construction plan

I live in central NJ and I am planning to make a deck (28x18 sq. ft.). Is there any good website which can help me to build construction plan for the deck to be submitted to township with Zone/permit application or should I contact a contractor. I already got a list of material that will be used from Home Depot.

Thanks.

Old 04-07-04, 07:47 AM
J
Pls. ignore this thread.
I found the answer by searching the forum which I should have done before posting.

Thanks.

Old 04-19-04, 01:03 PM
Can you point me to the post that answered this question for you? I'm building a porch this summer, and I'm not sure what all needs to be in the plans so the township will approve them. I've tried calling them for info, but they never answer the phone.

Old 04-19-04, 02:32 PM
L
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Mthrboard,

Welcome to DoItYourself.com and the deck forum.

What your township will need is essentially a plan that shows HOW the deck will be built -- things like how big and how deep the footings will be, how big the posts, beams, joists, etc. will be, how far things will span, and how things will be connected to each other. All of this with dimensions, of course. They will probably also want a plot plan of your entire piece of property, showing existing structures, their dimensions, and how far they are set back from the property lines, and just where the proposed deck will sit. Rather than a phone call, you might want to visit the dept. in person. They SHOULD be able to give you a copy of what they have on file for your plot plan, which will make that part a bit easier on you.

jeet49 -- enlighten us as to which site you found, and let us know if it works for you. I've never tried one -- I use a local draftsperson who has a big ol' CAD system and does my deck plans pretty cheaply when I need to use her. Mostly though it's just reusing the detail drawings, and a sketch of what the propsed deck will look like and a plot plan of the property it sits on.

Old 04-19-04, 06:39 PM
L
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Thank God for Lowes -- that other list looked like something that would keep me up all nite for a WEEK!!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: