Strange high pitch squeal from basement ceiling

Old 04-19-04, 08:37 AM
Montiman
Visiting Guest
Question Strange high pitch squeal from basement ceiling

Hi,

This IS a strange one! This morning, a strange high pitched squealing started coming out of my ceiling in the basement. The sound is almost alarm like, it is hard to describe. I turned the power off to the house thinking it might be electrical, didn't stop. I then turned the main water off, didn't stop. Does anyone have any guess as to what it might be? It is starting to drive me crazy! I have went around the outside of the house and cannot hear anything.

Unfortunately, the ceiling is a permanent one that I just put in last year and there is no access to what's up there anywhere near where the sound is coming from.

Thanks!

Old 04-19-04, 08:39 AM
Montiman
Visiting Guest
Question Sorry

Put this in the wrong area, sorry about that, I'll find a better place to post it. Next time I'll watch where my bookmarks take me!

Old 04-19-04, 02:43 PM
L
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Well yeah, it IS kinda the wrong forum, but we'll ignore that!

A gas line maybe??

Obviously, I'm guessing. (I can't hear it from my house!!) LOL!!

Old 04-19-04, 03:07 PM
Montiman
Visiting Guest
Thanks, but I think it had to be the city flushing out the fire hydrants. This must have been causing some pressure problems in my pipes, because it stopped after the city got done with the hydrant outside my house. (even though it started hours before they did the one in front of my house) It's all I have to go with.

Sorry again about the thread, I AM starting a deck soon so I'll probably be back with an appropriate question at that time.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: