patio questions

Old 04-24-04, 10:54 AM
buzbomb
Visiting Guest
patio questions

im thinking about putting in a patio 10x16. was curious if i had to use gravel and sand or could just get away with using just sand. and any suggestionswould be helpful

Old 04-25-04, 07:47 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I like to use about 2 inches crushed limestone tamped, it gives you a nice solid base to work with. Using a rubber mallet tapping each stone in place. When all is laid I use a bag of play sand spread it around the patio and sweep it in to the joints. I repeat this method with the sand in about a week. They also make an edging material that holds the edges nicely. Good luck with your project and I hope this helped.

Old 04-28-04, 10:07 AM
dinologic
Visiting Guest
I am planning a patio as well and I'm trying to get an idea of what the crushed limestone might cost. Homer, would you be able to give me a ballpark figure? I'm going to do something like 12x15 minimum but if you could give me a $/square foot estimate cost that would be excellent.

Thanks!

Old 04-30-04, 02:11 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sorry about the delay for responding to your question I was out of town. Anyway, from the dimensions you listed you will need about 1- yards of limestone. Just call your local supply company and ask for a delivered price for that amount good luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: