Deck Spacing Product

Old 04-29-04, 11:43 AM
davedoy
Visiting Guest
Question Deck Spacing Product

I'm having issues spacing a deck. I found a product called Deck Spacers. Has anybody seen or used this product??

Old 04-30-04, 10:18 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I've used it

Nice little tool, but does not do anything your regular deck nail won't do. What's the issue???

Old 05-03-04, 09:04 AM
davedoy
Visiting Guest
Spacing issue

I don't like the lack of uniformity on using a nail. Keep dropping, etc. I think I'll try them. Looks like they keep the joists clean.

Old 05-03-04, 09:17 AM
davedoy
Visiting Guest
One more question

Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing. This spacer stays on the deck. Comes in a bag or bucket.

Old 05-03-04, 10:20 AM
M
hmm

Originally Posted by davedoy
Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing. This spacer stays on the deck. Comes in a bag or bucket.

http://www.customdeckplans.com/deckspacer.html

This is what I had. Maybe you were looking at a different design. No matter. If you are having problems keeping even spacing - it's not the tool, it's the lumber. Are the boards still wet?

Old 05-03-04, 03:45 PM
davedoy
Visiting Guest
wet v dry

I'm working with cedar. The product I found is at www.deckspacers.com. I saw an ad in the JLC.

Old 05-04-04, 06:18 AM
M
Ok

Originally Posted by davedoy
I'm working with cedar. The product I found is at www.deckspacers.com. I saw an ad in the JLC.

Sorry, this is not the deck spacer I used Is the cedar 5/4 thick? Boards nice and straight? At 16" OC, you'll need a box full of those little things. If you try it, let us know how it turns out. Good luck

Old 05-04-04, 08:53 AM
davedoy
Visiting Guest
Let you know

I will try them. The cedar is 2x and basically straight. I'll let you know as soon as the job is complete how it went.

Old 05-10-04, 11:19 AM
davedoy
Visiting Guest
Deck Spacers

I tried them and they worked great. Took the pain out of trying to fight with the wood. Deck looks great and it saved us a lot of time.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: