Who do I call?


Old 05-11-04, 09:15 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Who do I call?

My house was built in 1973. It looks dated. Without doing anything structurally to the house itself, I would like to increase the curb appeal of my home. I've thought of widening my front stoop maybe with some decorative brick or flagstone. Perhaps lining my driveway with the same material. In addition I'd like to really spruce up the landscaping in front of my living room window etc.

I am wondering who I can call that can design and meld all of this together for me - not just paver people or your average landscaper either. In essence I want to "redesign" the exterior of the house. Is there one person to do it all? Thank you so much!
Old 05-11-04, 07:45 PM
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Arlington, WA
Posts: 9,238
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Look in the Yellow Pages under Landscape Contractors or Landscape Designers -- These people will look at your situation and give you a plan to go with. Then you can pick and choose who and what to use.

I doubt that any ONE of them will come up with the "perfect" solution", -- you'll find one or two ideas in one design that you like and want to incorporate, but that guy's total plan just won't work for you. Pick the one you like best, and then add a feature or two out of the others into the plan.

THAT'S done in the planning stages. Changing a pencil line is cheap. DON'T wait until something is cast in concrete, and THEN decide to change it. THAT AIN'T CHEAP!!!

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: