Screen Porch Questions

Old 05-16-04, 04:51 PM
gssstuff
Visiting Guest
Screen Porch Questions

Hi!

I have an area under a deck that I want to turn into a screen porch.

I have vinyl siding on the house in the area and am looking for some type of seal material I can place between a 2x4 and the siding itself to prevent critters from getting in. I don't want to deface the siding in any way. I will toenail the 2x4 at the top and bottom and use a cross member to hold it against the siding.

I thought about sill sealer, but I don't want to use fiberglass in this location due to pesky kids.

Any thoughts?

Old 05-16-04, 05:03 PM
Homebuilt44
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up Sreen Pourch Question

gssstuff

In this application polyfoam weather striping works quite well it comes in a variety of sizes this may work for you. Also its narrow enough you can hide it under the 2X4 so the kids cant pick it out whit there fingers.

Hope this helps

Old 05-17-04, 04:54 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Another way to do it would be to remove the vinyl siding in this area, attach the 2X4's directly to the wall, install j-channel around them, then reinstall the siding. You would simply cut it to fit inside the new j-channels. That would be sealed so no critters could get in, would look like it's always been there, and would still allow the siding to expand and contract like it needs to.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: