surface for porch floor

Old 05-24-04, 06:29 PM
mjoancam
Visiting Guest
surface for porch floor

hello
i have a large porch floor, under a roof, on the front of my house. it is of ugly cement and so i painted it - bad mistake - as it peels off every winter.

i need to finish the floor with something more exciting. however, it has been my experience that most of the materials used become exceedingly slippery when wet; i.e. blue slate, brick, tiles, wood. at our advanced age, if we or our contemporaries fall, it could be disastrous.

there is this new pressed cement used on driveways which i am wondering if it would be adequate. has anyone had any experience with this type of finish?

i live around the toronto area in ontario, canada so frost upheaval is also an issue.

does anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to what would be a recommended surface to use on this porch?

thanks in advance

joan

Old 05-26-04, 05:28 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Painting concrete requires that your first etch the slab, then apply a concrete paint. If you don't do both, it peels, as you found out. and sometimes, even if you do both, it still peels.

There is a process called Perma Crete that would be a permanent solution. Search the web and see if there is an installing contractor in your area.

Next suggestion would be to contact several concrete contractors and have them suggest solutions.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: