Really small awning?

Old 05-25-04, 02:24 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Really small awning?

I have a strange dilemna I think I can solve with a small awning, but need advice or help.

I have a metal door that is on the end of my house that receives a lot of rain because of the wind, and the weatherstripping is not keeping it out correctly. It drips down the jam and comes in at the bottom. Twice we've had the weatherstripping replaced (I did it once, a contractor did it the second time), and both times the water still found a way in the door.

My wife had a clever and simple idea of just putting up a door-sized awning over the door to keep the water from hitting the door in the first place, but I'm wondering how to attach it. It's a small wood framed door, with vinyl siding around the frame. Is there a type of awning that would be easy to install on a door like this, or is there another idea for keeping water from a door getting hit with rain?

Old 05-26-04, 05:21 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
A door hood, or a small canvas awning would do a lot to correct your problem. Look in the Yellow Pages under Patio Covers to locate a contractor who can do the door hood, or under Awnings or Canvas Shops if you want to look into a canvas awning.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: