new patio drainage

Old 05-26-04, 04:26 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
new patio drainage

Hello
I just put in a new patio with pavers 5 different sizes. I have the right pitch. draining away from the house it is L shaped so the water goes to one corner,, I have 5 to 8 inches of tamppered crushed stone it is a solid base i used the polymeric sand on top the crushed stone is out 6 inches from my border so it is packed good,, we had alot of rain and the patio filled up 50%.
also it is around 5 inches below the lawn.. had no choice or the pitch would have gone back towards the house what is the best way to drain this out in the yard seams like the water sits on top of the stone and will not drian fast enough. I dug out the stone in the one corner down about 8 inches to see if it will drain in the dirt very slowly.. i would like to plant flowers and put some mulch around the border and have a slight slope to get even with the lawn
should I dig out all the stone and just fill it with mulch so it drains or do i need to run a drain pipe out in the back thanks for the help Rick

by the way the patio came out great with help from friends we dug our butts off..

Old 05-26-04, 05:18 AM
L
It sounds as though your entire yard slopes uphill from the house on the side where you put the patio. Since the patio is 5" below the level of the lawn, you will probably have to install a french drain just outside of the patio to prevent the flooding.

MORE digging, but you could use a trencher this time!

Old 05-27-04, 04:03 AM
K
thanks

yep that's what I figured lefty thanks again

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: