Repairing Deck

Old 06-13-04, 06:49 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Repairing Deck

I am thinking of replacing the floor of our deck one level at a time. The first level, which is the smaller level app. 12x12 is a little older than the larger level and has a more apparent need for updating. On the other hand I was considering placing an indoor/outdoor carpet over the deck. This is preferred by my wife to keep the bees from flying between the boards to make nests. has anyone had any experience with the indoor/outdoor carpeting over a deck? Is it a wast of time? Should I first lay plywood over the existing floor or would it be ok to put the carpet directly over the floor? Also if i decide to replace the floor with new wood, would it be possible to first lay some sort of screening material over the joists to prevent the bees from flying down between the boards?

Thanks in advance
Meeker93

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-04, 03:20 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
There are thousands of decks around here (mostly in mobile home parks) that have 1-1/8" plywood for the decking with indoor/outdoor carpet on them. As long as the deck is covered, it'll usually last about 15 years when done that way. (Uncovered, it'll last about 5!!)