use of Liquid Rubber EPDM for porch floor

Old 06-16-04, 10:11 AM
Jim-Almquist
Visiting Guest
use of Liquid Rubber EPDM for porch floor

It is absatively polalutely necessary that the plywood floor or my porch be water proof as it sits over the floor joists of the house. This porch is covered but is still subject to moisture from blowing rain and snow.
I have seen a product advertised called Liquid EPDM Rubber. If it is a touted, it will probably answer my needs.
Has anybody used this product on either floors or roofs and did it perform as advertised?
I would appreciate any comments on this or suggestions as to how to be make this porch floor waterproof.
thanks, Jim

Old 06-17-04, 12:22 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If you have a roofing contractor roll out and seal the EPDM, it will do well for you. If you are looking a some DIY product that claims to work as well as EPDM ...

It's your house, they are your joists, and any resulting water damage will be your headache, and the repair bills will be coming out of your checkbook.

Choose wisely!!

Old 06-17-04, 08:23 AM
Jim-Almquist
Visiting Guest
Thanks Lefty,
I was asking mostly about the *Liquid* EPDM. One of the sponsor links on DIY.com is for Liquid EPDM.
I guess, reading between the lines and the lack of responses to similar queries on these forums, that this is Not a DIY job or this product goes in the file with the other "To Good To Be True" offers.
Jim

Last edited by Jim-Almquist; 06-17-04 at 08:28 AM. Reason: formatting for "BOLD" not showing up

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: