Cleaning Concrete Patio

Old 11-01-04, 01:32 AM
JimSummer
Visiting Guest
Cleaning Concrete Patio

I need to clean my concrete patio, but I can't us a pressure cleaner because of the location of the patio. The concrete floor is badly discolored with fungus - I think that it what it is - but I have not been able to remove it with a clorox mixture. I would appreciate any suggestions on what I might be able to use to clean and restore the apperance of the concrete floor. Thank your for your suggestions and help.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-04, 03:25 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cleaning concrete patio

Wet the concrete to be cleaned, and then apply the cleaning product of your choice according to the directions. There are commercial concrete cleaners available. These chemical products help to strip off grease, oil and dirt, and some actually help to bleach and brighten the appearance of the concrete. A solution of 50% bleach and 50% water makes an effective, inexpensive cleaner. Use a long-handled scrub brush to maximize cleaning potential as the cleaner is applied. Rinse the concrete thoroughly with water hose or buckets of water if you do not have exterior faucet. Make sure to remove all the solution and any loose debris from the concrete. Allow the slab to dry completely. Then, roll on a couple coats of sealer. You will need to measure the length x the width to calculate area. The sealer is sold in gallon buckets. You will need enough for at least two coats. Apply according to manufacturer's instructions.