re surface swimming pool

Old 12-18-04, 11:23 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
re surface swimming pool

Has any one out there ever done it themselves? I'll bet it's not that difficult if you get the prep work done correctly.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-04, 11:46 AM
Thumbs down

I have had two pools redone One with just the marcite and the last one with the new Diamind Brite. id say you need a whole crew to do it. From putting a pump on the underground drain, Drain the pool .Wash it down with muractic acid. Then the new coat inside ,you have to work fast here as it sets up on you. Then back out and fill the pool When full take out the under ground pump Would I try it No way . And Im a builder also and have done a lot of things.

ED

Old 01-10-05, 11:54 AM
You are asking about resurfacing the inner pool plaster?

Though this question has been posted a few weeks ago this is not a do it yourself project no matter how handy you are this if something you want to leave for the pros.
Like was mentioned because the high water table in FL a huge concern would be keeping the pool from floating up from its postition. A pool is like a boat and the pressure from water table below can bring it up out of the groung.

This is also a job that requires a crew an average pool would take at least 5 men. It is something that has to be done all at once. If it is not you would end up with a bunch of "Cold joints"