Vinyl Deck Railing Options

Old 05-06-05, 09:43 PM
ronak
Visiting Guest
Vinyl Deck Railing Options

Hi All!
Planning to build a Trex / Timbertech Deck with Vinyl railings. Checked Lowes and couple of local lumber yards and the options for the railings seems to be Severe Weather (Lowe's brand) and Fairway, Endurance (at the lumber yards). The price jump is significant (close to double) with the Fairway / Endurance brands compared to the Lowe's brand. I am trying to figure out if the price difference is worth it. Any suggestions based on your experiences? Another brand that is available near me is Certainteed Kingston.
Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-06, 06:18 AM
deckgrasshopper
Visiting Guest
Used the search command..found your post..

I have the same question...any experience out there with the Lowes brand Severe Weather vinyl railing? Any mail-order companies you can recommend?

Thanks in advance - have to do white vinyl railing! Feel a bit stuck with Lowes..the HD brand is lame, and I don't want to pay extra at the lumberyard.

Old 03-29-06, 08:03 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
All vinyl IS NOT created equal! There are reasons why some brands are more expensive than others. The type and quality of UV inhibitors used, the method used to extrude the vinyl, and the material used to make it. I use and stay with the more expensive brands so that my customers don't have problems like the vinyl 'sunburning', getting brittle, etc. I've never had a complaint about a railing yet.