Paver Patio......slope question

Old 05-09-05, 04:20 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Paver Patio......slope question

Planning on a building a paver patio in my backyard. There is an existing 6.5 inch slope (down from the house) on the area which the patio will be built. I know that a slope of 1 inch per 4-8ft is needed for drainage. My patio will end 10.5 ft away from my house therefore needing about 2.0 inches for drainage. How do I go about figuring out what to do with that remaining 4.5 inches of natural slope? I am perplexed as to what to do. Assuming I will dig down 7.5 inches (1.5''pavers, 1"sand, 5"stone) to make my base.....how do I do it with all this slope to take into consideration. If I dig down 7.5" on the section away from the house, how much would I need to dig down up by the house? Thanks for anyone's expert help on this issue....I really appreciate it!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-05, 01:34 PM
Dig down 7.5" at the house and 3.5" at the farthest point. Save the ground to regrade the yard up to the pavers since the bottom end will be out of the ground a few inches.

Old 05-20-13, 07:16 AM
B
I have the same situation

Gigpal, what did you decide to to for your paver patio that was on a slope. The situation you explained is what I am dealing with currently.