Permenant foundation for a 28' travel trailer

Old 06-28-05, 03:48 PM
sicando
Visiting Guest
Permenant foundation for a 28' travel trailer

I have a travel trailer that will Never be towed again, and I have it on a somewhat level set-up now, however, I would like to get a permenant base under it as I will never tow it. I have wooden blocks of 6X6 stacked under the tongue area, and cindar block & hand-turned levelers in each corner, along with the wheels holding it level. I want to jack the trailer up enough to take the weight completely off the wheels, and to make the foundation steady/firm. Any Ideas? Will I need more than two bottle jacks to do this? Please let me know what tools I will need, as well as any material you suggest. Also, one side of this site its on is lower than the other by about 8" but I have it pretty level on blocks/levels now. Thanks

Old 06-28-05, 08:19 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 720 Likes on 631 Posts
I assume you would set up a travel trailer the same as mobile home. They are often supported by cinder blocks which are setting on cat [solid] blocks. The frame is supported at both ends and at 6-8' intervals. 2 jacks should be fine, just make sure that you don't raise any area too much at one time. Although it isn't necessarry for the ground to be level, you do need to be sure that the base for the blocks is. Take your time and it should go well. You may want to add a few 'tie downs' while you are at it.

Old 06-28-05, 10:14 PM
L
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A 28' travel trailer?? A permanent foundation????

Now, that MIGHT happen in some places, but I will guarantee you it wouldn't fly in CA!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: