Where Can I Get IPE in Indiana?

Old 08-02-05, 05:38 AM
lgsmith
Visiting Guest
Where Can I Get IPE in Indiana?

Does anybody know of a place to find IPE close to Indianapolis Indiana? I have been looking at IpeDepot.com if I can't find it locally. Any information or experiences with IpeDepot or other suppliers would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-05, 10:48 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
My first purchase

was from Banner Elk Trading. They worked with me on shipping (GA-MN) and on prices - they had deals on certain lengths. See trimscrew.com

Old 08-03-05, 08:43 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
where in indiana?

Weekes forest products distributes in Michigan but I am not sure about Indiana. I'll call them tomorow and find out which IN cities and any dealers they sell to. You won't be able to buy direct from Weekes. They deal only through lumberyards. I am currently selling 1x6 for about $2.20 a linear foot in West MI, but that might be too long a drive for you. If there are other possibilities, I would think that price would be similar in other yards, unless they have a bigger markup than my yard does.

Another possibility is Cook county lumber in Chicago. They sell a deck product called tiger wood. It is the same type of brazilian hard wood, but lighter with dramatic grain streaks in it. (hence the tigerwood name.) has nothing to do with tiger woods the golfer)